To find information on an unknown company or individual, FIBEN has a proficient search service.
This service is accessible from any page of the site. Answer pages to modules also offer the possibility of conducting an alphabetical search, by typing into the field located in the top right (usually reserved for the identification code) the entity researched.
A first webpage of Simple Search is displaid in the home page. This search is done on the name whatever is it activity or address.
If you click on the button "Advanced Search" you could enter more selection criteria (activity, address).
The search allows you to find the company identification code (for an head office or an agency) or the 'clé Banque de France' (for an individual) as per the criteria specified.
THE NAME (required piece of information)
For a company:
- the corporate, acronym, or trade name (it is advised not to include the terms SA, SARL, entreprise, compagnie, as well as articles or punctuation),
For an individual:
- the surname, with or without the first name,
- or the marital name, with or without the first name.
GEOGRAPHY (optional piece of information)
- the country code (two letters in accordance with international standards),
- the French department number with "*"(e.g.75*, 06*),
- the post code, including CEDEX or ? if you don't know (five digits, e.g. 75049 or 7500?).
TYPE OF ECONOMIC ACTIVITY (optional piece of information)
- INSEE division (e.g. 85 for Education),
- INSEE sub-class (e.g. 8520Z for Primary education).
Included for both fields is a suggested list for the INSEE divisions and sub-classes.
- the exact activity code if you know it
This option is marked by default, allowing to widen the search, even if the spelling of the company or individual is not precise (phonetical search).
THE CONCEPT OF "HEAD OFFICE ONLY" This option is marked by default, in order to have only the head office's code (and not to have all the agencies). This criterion can't be the only .
TYPE OF ENTITY This criterion allows to select the type of entity between a head office, an agency, a manager or "head office + manager". By default the search is done on all the type of entities.